Bradenton, Fla. –The Workplace of Angelina “Angel” Colonneso, Manatee County Clerk of the Circuit Courtroom & Comptroller, warns Manatee County residents of a latest jury obligation rip-off reported in Manatee County.
In line with the report, the scammer claimed a resident missed jury obligation and now should pay a high-quality utilizing pay as you go reward playing cards. Then directed the resident to ship the reward playing cards to the Sarasota County Clerk & Comptroller’s workplace.
This rip-off shouldn’t be new. Related scams up to now concerned scammers calling jurors pretending to be regulation enforcement, threatening to arrest or embarrass them if fee was not made.
The Clerk & Comptroller’s workplace won’t ever provoke contact with a resident unprompted. A resident would have contacted the Clerk’s workplace first.
Residents can guard themselves in opposition to jury obligation scams utilizing the next suggestions supplied by the workplace of Lawyer Common Ashley Moody:
- Know that jury obligation summons will come by mail, not by cellphone or e-mail;
- If no jury obligation summons is acquired, then ignore a cellphone name from anybody claiming to be calling about jury obligation;
- Contact your native Clerk’s workplace to see if there’s a legitimate jury obligation problem;
- By no means give private or monetary data over the cellphone to a stranger, particularly if the caller acts aggressively;
- Acknowledge that anybody asking for funds to be made by way of a present card is a scammer, and
- Be cautious of Caller ID, as this may be spoofed, making a cellphone name appear like it’s coming from an actual supply.
Residents ought to contact the Clerk & Comptroller’s workplace with any considerations relating to their jury obligation summons or jury obligation service at (941) 748-7407.
The Clerk & Comptroller’s workplace is right here to assist, shield, and serve.
Concerning the Clerk’s Workplace
The Clerk of Circuit Courtroom was established as a public trustee by the Florida Structure in 1838. The Clerk of the Circuit Courtroom serves because the Clerk of Courts, the Clerk of the Board of County Commissioners, Auditor, Recorder, and Custodian of all County Funds. In Manatee County, the Clerk’s workplace additionally administers an area youngster assist enforcement program, violence safety advocacy program, and Teen Courtroom applications. Situated at 1115 Manatee Avenue West in downtown Bradenton, the Courthouse is open Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. till 4:30 p.m. Please remember to go to our web site and join our digital e-newsletter right here.